Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Lucky Number 13....

2013 is the lucky year, at least the numbers tell me so.  I have rekindled a love affair with wine and cooking (ok I really never lost the latter).

I can't remember why wine and I were separated.  We lived in separate houses, or regions of the house, didn't speak, sent nasty spitting parting glances at each other, and I texted hateful message, but got no response.  What a bitch....

We have made up, and are dating again.  Tonight marks the 3rd date, a little more than a fondle, but not yet a kiss.  Dinner was home cooked, and dramatic comedy scents the air, 30rock.   It may be of to a good start, hopefully she will propose.

Every time I stop drinking I have to deal with the person who poured the first drink to start with.  He's edgy, over plans and lists everything, ugh...  Enter Bordeaux glass 2 stage right...
Lucky number 13 will bring much.  However,  I am a staunch believer we bring some of our luck.  I vow to sage this luck into the house by:

1.  Bring plenty of fresh ingredients into the house.
2.  Cook dinners even more frequently nightly.
3.  Remove everything, and I mean everything from the pantry twice a year and clean and restock it.
4.  Remove everything from the garage twice and year and purge.
5.  Get back into those 90's frocks, and stay there.
6.  Stay ahead at work.
7.  Remember skinny jeans are made for someone with feelings, and not talk badly about them.
8.  Get out more, and take weekender trips.
9.  Light more fires, play more disco, and sip martinis more often.
10.  Continue to sing loudly at Karaoke.
11.  Rewatch the entire Sex and the City series, and remember all we  all did during those years.
12.  Promise to not write a memoir about number 11.  Or if the moneys is good, make up pseudonyms.
13.  Love more completely.

xo Friends - here is to being New Again in My City.


No comments:

Post a Comment